22 Aug 2014

My Experience as OAU Resumes

“…but I went immediately into Arabia…then after three years…”
-Apostle Paul
For two months I have been at home. Doing what? Well, a lot of things. Like what? I can’t say all but for the purpose of this piece the bottom-line of all my activities centered on one thing-self discovery. And this for me is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I initially had the intention of going to Lagos to get a good job to ‘pay my bills’ but to no end was I able to fulfill that desire. But I found something better as I then decided to spend time with family, get closer to God, read books, listen to the political side of radio and write articles. Each activity engaged in for that time span have greatly shaped my existence to give me a deeper sense of purpose, making me see life as a most valuable teacher. Some folks from my school may have used the period to learn a skill or two which is a fantastic initiative but to make a self evaluation and to use that knowledge, for me is a nobler act.
The great apostle went into the obscurity of Arabia for three years to prepare for what lied ahead of his ministry, after receiving the insight of his life purpose. He sacrificed those years to stay out of the limelight until he had gotten it figured out. Now he might not have gotten all the answers that he was seeking, but he invested that time in ‘digging in the stakes’ that would define his ministry experience. Therefore when the tough times came tumbling down on him like a pack of bricks, he was ready.
When my brother told me that the school shutdown was a ‘blessing in disguise’, I looked at him with an expression of ‘what did you say?’ Two months down the line, I can say he was right and I was wrong. Life has its way of twisting to fit the plans of Providence. Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.* Much of such twists and turns may be inconvenient but, they are for the better. The years of writing UTME repeatedly, the years of childlessness in marriage, the shutdown of school a few months to graduation-are all workings of something bigger than all the plans you may have, acts of a God behind the scenes. Only learn to trust and obey.
* Prov 19:21
Please feel free to drop your comments. They are most valuable, thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so great to hear your own side of experiences about this. What's your say? Let's get to know. Thank you.