31 Jul 2014

Are we there yet?!

      For the last few days, in preparation of securing a job, I have been creating my resume or what you may call curriculum vitae (yeah, it took me this long to create one). As I made fresh inputs to the document using the Microsoft Word software on my notebook (which I also use to write all my articles…Microsoft must pay me for this publicity!), I have had to reminisce a lot about my life in the last seven to ten years. Normally, by virtue of human development, I should be doing the reflection thingy by the time all the hair on my head go grey but as the situation called for it, I had to engage my mind for memories.
      As I went on, I had a certain good feeling in my tummy, like I just hit the jackpot. I felt like I had seen it all and done it all, you should have seen the look on my face. But midway I had to grab a hold of myself and shake myself back to reality. ‘You aren’t even close by’, was what I kept telling myself.
      You see, success may bring a heady feeling of having done it all. A small amount of success can bring great retrogression if not well managed. After a small accomplishment, feel good, celebrate, and dance all you want but don’t settle down, move on. Settling down in a place of accomplishment is an act of self sabotage and self endangerment. It will only inevitably lead to self extinction. You must endeavour not to fall into the trap of staying in your success but to use it as a climbing stone to greater opportunities for accomplishments.
     As a biblical example is the shepherd boy turned king, David, who used his success with tending sheep in his defeat of Goliath. Soliloquize and reminisce about your accomplishments to boost your confidence to take on greater tasks. That is the purpose of success, to spur you on to greater things ahead.
Have a great week ahead in your journey to a beautiful life.
Sincerely yours, Oluwatobi Gbemisola
@TobiGbemisola

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so great to hear your own side of experiences about this. What's your say? Let's get to know. Thank you.